If you like this site please help and make click on any of these buttons!
Current Affairs, Banking and Financial awareness quiz 9 June 2015 - 14 June 2015
(Click on suggested Options to select the answer | Color Red means : Wrong & Green Means: Correct)
1. On 11 June 2015, Which former fast-bowler of West Indies was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame?
A. Wesley Hall B. Courtney Walsh C. Joel Garner D. Curtly Ambrose
2. Nek Chand Saini at the age of 90, passed away on 12 June 2015. He was the creator of which iconic creation in Chandigarh?
A. Rock Garden B. Water Garden C. Animal Zoo D. Plantation Garden
3. On 12 June 2015, Darjeeling-NJP has resumes which train service after 5 years?
A. Metro Train B. Hills Train C. Toy Train D. Bullet Train
4. On 11 June 2015, Leading media group Jagran Prakashan Ltd notified that it has completed the acquisition of which FM station?
A. Radio City B. Radio Mirchi C. Big FM D. 91.1 FM
5. What is the name of Indian-origin scientist who has developed World's first water-based computer?
A. Manu Sharma B. Tanu Sharma C. Neel Sharma D. Manu Prakash
6. In a landmark judgement on 10 June 2015, Which country has sent its first ever man convicted of forcing someone to marry to prison for 16 years?
A. Canada B. Russia C. Britain D. Austrailia
7. In June 2015, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared India free of which infection which was much prevalent in the country for very long time?
A. TB B. Maleria C. Measles D. Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus
8. On 10 June 2015, India undocked its first indigenously-built aircraft carrier at a simple ceremony at Cochin Shipyard Limited. What is the name of the carrier?
A. INS Vikrant B. INS Virat C. INS Vikramaditya D. INS Kesari
9. The union minister of Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi launched which programme which is the world's largest digital mass education programme for addressing the malnutrition in women and children?
A. IMAP HealthPhone programme B. IAP HealthPhone programme C. AAP HealthPhone programme D. Health Mobile programme
10. The Cabinet on 10 June 2015 decided to bring in an ordinance to amend the which Act, which provides for filing of cheque bounce cases in place where the cheque was issued?
A. FInancial Instruments Act B. Negotiable Financial Act C. Negotiable Instruments Act
11. Which company has launched Indiaâ€™s first lesbian ad which goes viral on 10 June 2015 and has received 2 lakh hits in just 10 days?
A. Flipkart B. Myntra C. Shopclues D. Snapdeal
12. WHO Declared Emergency in which country after the country found struggling with latest MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) virus outbreak killing over 100o's of people?
A. North Korea B. China C. South Korea D. Afganistan
13. In a historic encounter, first time after the Indo-Pak war; Indian Army in a joint operation with the Air Force on 9 June 2015 entered into foreign country and engaged with groups of militants and killed them at two locations. Which country is this?
A. Myanmar B. Pakistan C. Bhutan D. Nepal
14. Union Govt. on 9 June 2015 added Which three more cities into the National Capital Region (NCR)?
A. Modi Nagar, Panipat and Rohtak B. Panipat, Sonipat and Hisar C. Rampur, Moradabad and Alwar D. Muzaffarnagar, Jind and Karnal
15. Who was nominated as the new non-executive Chairman of ICICI Bank by the board of the bank on 9 June 2015 to replace K.V. Kamath?
A. M.Y. Sharma B. M.K. Sharma C. M.K. Tyagi D. M.K. Jaiswal
16. On 9 June 2015 PVR Ltd has acquired which Rival entity for Rs 500 crore on a slump sale basis?
A. Big Cinemas B. Max Cinemas C. Inox D. Satyam Cinema
17. On 9 June 2015 in association with Saudi Arabia-based Manahil International Company, which Indian company has opened one of the Gulf's largest automobile showroom and service facilities in the kingdom's capital?
A. Bajaj Motors B. TATA Motors C. Mahindra Motors D. Ashok Leyland
18. On 8 June 2015, High court has ordered to phase out the Horse Driven Victories from which city?
A. Varanasi B. Kolkata C. Allahabad D. Mumbai
19. The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has rechristened Bhavishya Nidhi Adalat with which new name__________?
A. Bhavishya Nayi Adalat B. Bhavishya Aapke Nikat C. Nidhi Aapke Nikat D. Nidhi Nayi Adalat
20. In a Historic decision railway ministry on 7 June 2015 has decided to do away with which facility from the passengers which is one of the main reason for the train late and Revenue Loss?
A. Removing the Toilets from trains B. Removing the ermergency window from trains C. Removing the chains from trains D. Removing the Freight Cart from trains