If you like this site please help and make click on any of these buttons!
Current Affairs, Banking and Financial awareness quiz 25 May 2015 - 31 May 2015
(Click on suggested Options to select the answer | Color Red means : Wrong & Green Means: Correct)
1. The 4th North East Youth Festival was inaugurated on 29 May 2015 that will end on 31 May 2015. The festival was started at which place in Assam?
A. Howraghat B. Rangia C. Tangla D. Majuli
2. National Stock Exchange (NSE) on 29 May 2015 Launched futures contract instrument that offers 7.72% yield through govt. bond. What is the name of this Contract Instrument?
A. Interest Rating Futures (IRF) B. Interest Rate scheme C. Interest Scheme D. Interest Rate Futures (IRF)
3. The oldest university in the English speaking world, Oxford gets its first-ever female vice-chancellor on 28 May 2015. What is the name of new VC?
A. Louise Richardson B. Glynis Breakwell C. Julia King D. Nigel Carrington
4. Government on 28 May 2015 appointed new DRDO chief, after missile scientist Avinash Chander was unceremoniously sacked as DRDO chief. What is the name of new DRDO chief?
A. D Christopher B. S Christopher C. AS Christopher D. DS Christopher
5. Due to some anomalies in dynamic fare system of the premium trains, the Railways will relaunch the service by which new name after making certain changes in the system from July 2015?
A. Jan Jan ticket train B. Saral ticket train C. Jan Suvidha trains D. 'Suvidha' trains
6. Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja Wadiyar was announced as new Maharaja of which royal family on 28 May 2015?
A. Mysuru (Mysore) B. Rajasthan C. Kalinga D. Kolkata
7. National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) on 28 May 2015 has launched a new national online platform for buying and selling gold. What is the name this new platform?
A. Gold Now B. Gold and Silver C. NCDEX Gold D. BSE GOld
8. Which Car company on 27 May 215 has become the first carmaker to offer Google's Android Auto system?
A. Audi B. Mercedes C. Honda D. Hyundai
9. What is the name of the NRI scientist who had created first single-molecule device on 25 May 2015. This electronic device has a potential of real-world technological applications for nano scale devices?
A. Latha Venkataraman B. Latha Mangerswar C. Reena malhotra D. Seema Aumen
10. On 27 May 2015, Chinese man sets world record by wearing 'coat' of 1.1 million bees. What is the name of the person?
A. Gao Liangming B. Ruan Liangming C. Gao Bingguo
11. Which State forest department has set up the satellite tracking system to check the forest fire incidents during summer season?
A. Agartala B. Nagaland C. Jammu & Kasmir D. Himachal Pradesh
12. On 27 May 2015, An Indian-origin teacher has been honoured by Oxford University with â€œUniversity of Oxford Inspirational Teacher Awardâ€ for helping one of her students get into the world-famous varsity. What is the name of the teacher?
A. Gurvinder 'Nimmy' Sidhu B. Gurmeet Sidhu C. Gurnimrat 'Nimmy' Sidhu D. Gurmeet Kaur
13. Which state cabinet on 27 May 2015 withdrew the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) in a state cabinet meeting?
A. Jammu Kashmir B. Arunachal Pradesh C. Nagaland D. Tripura (Agartala)
14. On 26 May 2015 who was appointed as the head of the newly constituted committee that will give recommendations to recast the model of the so-called public-private-partnership (PPP) model in India?
A. S S Ahuwalia B. Vijay Salvekar C. Kajesh Kumar D. Vijay Kelkar
15. public broadcaster "Prasar Bharti" which currently runs the "Krishi Darshan" program on Doordarshan is one of the longest running programmes on DD National. When Krishi Darshan program was launched?
A. 26 January 1977 B. 15 August 1967 C. 26 January 1967 D. 1 January 1967
16. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26 May 2015 launched 24 hour agriculture channel. What is the name of the channel?
A. Krishi Vigyan B. DD Kisan Channel C. Krishi Darshan D. Krishi Kisan Channel
17. Manabi Bandopadhyay is appointed as college principal when takes charge of Krishnagar Women's College in West Bengal on 9 June 2015.Manabi Bandopadhyay belong to which Gender?
A. Male B. Female C. Transgender
18. On 26 May 2015 government has appointed which new person as the 4th Managing Director - Compliance and Risk department in State Bank of India?
A. Rajnish Kumar B. Ranjeet Kumar C. Rakesh Kumar D. Ramesh Kumar
19. On 26 May 2015, stepping ahead towards closer to another housing boom, the Union urban development ministry notified operational guidelines for implementing of which Policy?
A. Land grabing policy B. Land sharing policy C. Land acquisition policy D. Land pooling policy
20. In the CEAT Indian Cricketer of the Year award ceremony on 25 May 2015, who won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 19th edition of the awards?
A. Sunil Gavaskar B. Ravi Shastri C. Kapil Dev D. Dilip Vengsarkar