If you like this site please help and make click on any of these buttons!
Current Affairs, Banking and Financial awareness quiz 1 May 2015 - 10 May 2015
(Click on suggested Options to select the answer | Color Red means : Wrong & Green Means: Correct)
1. NASAâ€™s 11-year old probe mission for Mercury ended on 30 April 2015 after when it crashed into the little planet. What was the name of this historic probe?
A. Voyager B. New Horizons C. Messenger D. Dawn
2. Which district of West Bengal was declared as the first Open Defecation Free (ODF) district in the country on 30 April 2015?
A. Kolkata B. Bardhaman C. Hooghly D. Nadia
3. On 30 April 2015, â€œTAMâ€ the rating mechanism for the television is being replaced by which new rating mechanism for television in India that announced its first data for week 16 of 2015 on 30 April 2015?
A. Broadcaster Audience Research Council (BARC) B. Broadcaster Audience Rating Council (BARC) C. Broadcaster Audience Research Committee (BARC) D. Broadcaster Audience Rating Committee (BARC)
4. The existing Internet Explorer would be replaced by the new web browser as per Software giant Microsoft recently unveiled on 30 April 2015. What is the name of this new browser?
A. Solar B. Microsoft Lima C. Edge D. Windows
5. To improve the ease of doing business, the Cabinet on 29 April 2015 cleared the 2nd amendments to the companies law. What is the main purpose of this new amendment?
A. Deceleration of company assets and liabilities B. Do away with compulsory declaration by a firm before commencing business C. Making it compulsory declaration by a firm before commencing business D. Option 1 and Option 3
6. Which Latin American city has recorded highest bookstores per capita than any other major city in the world, as per the recent study by the World Cities Cultural Forum?
A. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil B. Mexico City, Mexico C. Lima, Peru D. Buenos Aires, Argentina
7. On 2 May 2015, which Indian scientist was chosen for Japanâ€™s highest civilian award the â€œOrder of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Starâ€ as announced by the Japanese Government?
A. Prof. C.N.R. Rao B. Prof. S.K Venkatraman C. Prof. kanupriya Das Gupta D. Dr.D.N Dixit
8. President Pranab Mukherjee on 3 May 2015 conferred National film awards for the year 2014 at the 62nd National Film Awards Function held at Vigyan Bhawan. Which famous actor was awarded with prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke award in this ceremony?
A. Dharmendra B. Shashi kapoor C. Amitabh Bachchan D. Shatrughan Sinha
9. What is the name of New scheme launched by Odisha state government which will be free drug distribution scheme to cover whole state on 1 May 2015?
A. Nirsomaya B. Sikayata C. Niramaya D. Ashakti
10. The Andhra Pradesh government today said it would adopt which method for the selection of master developer for its proposed state capital area?
A. Swiss Challenge Method B. US Challenge Method C. Lowest and Best Bid Method D. All
11. In the month of May 2015, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (DMRC Limited) completed how many years of its establishment?
A. 25 Years B. 15 Years C. 20 Years D. 10 Years
12. Rajya Sabha on 6 April 2015 unanimously passed a historic bill to operationalise the Land Boundary Agreement with which country that provides for exchange of territories to settle the border issue which was pending since 41 years?
A. Pakistan B. Nepal C. SriLanka D. Bangladesh
13. On 9th May 2015 three mega social security initiatives; one pension and two insurance schemes was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. What are the name of these schemes?
A. Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) B. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) C. Atal Pension Yojana (APY) D. All Three E. None
14. Eleven Indian companies figure in Forbes Global 2000 list released in May 2015. Which Bank rank top from India at 152 position in this List?
A. ICICI Bank B. Bank of Maharashtra C. State Bank of India D. Axis Bank
15. The Reserve Bank of India on 7 May 2015 put in place a new framework and concept to check loan frauds including by way of early warning signals at banks. What is the name of New Concept?
A. Red Flagged Account B. Fraud Flagged Account C. Black Flagged Account D. Green Flagged Account
16. Myntra on 7 May 2015 has acquired which city-based mobile app development platform company?
A. KiwiTech B. Native5 C. Innomobileapps D. Adglobal360
17. Indiaâ€™s first satellite-controlled solar power plant was inaugurated on 6 May 2015 in which state?
A. Mumbai B. Karnataka C. Punjab D. Himachal Pradesh
18. Name the 20 years old Scottish nationalist candidate who beat out a senior Labour Party leader in Scotland to become the youngest British lawmaker since 1667 in the general election in United Kingdom?
A. Micheal Black B. Saina williams C. Kate Hobber D. Mhairi Black
19. Who was appointed as the new Election Commissioner on 7 May 2015 to fill one of the two vacancies in the three-member body of Election Commission?
A. Achal Kumar Jyoti B. Veeravalli Sundaram Sampath C. Harishankar Brahma D. Ram Vilas
20. To cash in on growing online shopping/E-commerce trend, India Post office will start its e-commerce centre from through which post office circle?
A. Pune Circle B. Delhi Circle C. Kolkata Circle D. Mumbai Circle