If you like this site please help and make click on any of these buttons!
Current Affairs, Banking and Financial awareness quiz 1 June 2015 - 8 June 2015
(Click on suggested Options to select the answer | Color Red means : Wrong & Green Means: Correct)
1. Delhi Metro received Indiaâ€™s first driver-less metro train (procured through Hyundai Rotem, which manufactures them at its facility) on 4 June 2015 from which country?
A. South Korea B. London C. Russia D. North Korea
2. Which Indian Umpire on 4 June 2015 became the first Indian umpire after S. Venkataraghavan to be inducted in the International Cricket Councilâ€™s (ICC) Elite Panel of Umpires?
A. Sundaram Ravi B. Vineet Kulkarni C. S. Sriraman D. Sanjay Hazare
3. What is the name of first woman President of Mauritius who was approved by the countryâ€™s Parliament on 4 June 2015?
A. Ameenah akim Gurib B. Ameenah Fakim Gurib C. Ameinah Gurib-Fakim D. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim
4. A 20-year-old Brazilian man who shot to fame after spending $50,000 on surgery to transform himself into a human version of Barbie's boyfriend 'Ken' has died after a five-month battle with cancer on 4 June 2015. What is the name of person?
A. EMILY VAN RAAY B. Miranda Kerr C. Diana Vickers D. Celso Santebanes
5. What is the name of former bureaucrat, who passed away on 6 June 2015, was known for role in developing Bhopal with his modern urban planning concepts?
A. Nomen Buch B. M.M.Nami C. M.N. Buch D. Srinivasan Kumar
6. The Bangladesh Govt on 6 June 2015 conferred former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee with which award for his role in the countryâ€™s independence struggle and consolidating Indiaâ€™s friendship with the nation?
A. Bangladesh Liberation War Honour B. Bangladesh Labour Honour C. Bangladesh Liberal War Honour
7. he Bangladesh government recently allowed which Life Insurance company from India to form a joint-venture to operate its services in the country?
A. Reliance Life Insuranceâ€Ž B. ICICI Pru Term Insuranceâ€Ž C. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
8. What is the name of this agreement that India and five nations on 3 June 2015 signed to join 60 countries, including Switzerland, to exchange financial information automatically from 2017?
A. Multilevel component Autherity Agreement (MCAA) B. Multineutral Competent Authority Agreement (MCAA) C. Multilateral Authority Agreement (MAA) D. Multilateral Competent Authority Agreement (MCAA)
9. Sepp Blatter resigned as FIFA president on 2 June 2015, four days after being re-elected to a fifth term. He was 1st elected in which year?
A. 1988 B. 1980 C. 1985 D. 1999
10. Narendra Modi would become the first-ever Indian Prime Minister to visit which country, as announced by External Affairs on 1 June 2015?
A. Scotland B. Finland C. Denmark D. Israel
11. Which Indian city on 3 June 2015 has started metro rail system in the country and became 6th City in the India to do so?
A. Chennai B. Kolkata C. Mumbai D. Jaipur
12. According to research firm Gartner, which Indian handset maker ranks among the top 10 global handset vendors with 1.8 per cent market share during the January-March quarter?
A. Lava Mobile B. Spice Mobile C. Maxx Mobile D. Micromax
13. Which 3 Indian cricket legend have been nominated by Indian cricket board president Jagmohan Dalmiya as members of the Cricket Advisory Committee of the BCCI on 2 June 2015?
A. Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar and Dilip Vengaskar B. Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman C. Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and Kapil Dev D. Virendra Shwag, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman
14. Which Indian state on 2 June 2015 celebrated its 1st Birthday?
A. Jharkhand B. Chattisgarh C. Uttarakhand D. Telangana
15. The 'Jal Marg Vikas' (National Waterway-1) project is the name of the project which has taken off on 2 June 2015 between 1,620km Allahabad and Haldia stretch.On Which river this project has been started?
A. Sarswati B. Yamuna C. Ganga
16. FMCG player Emami on 2 June 215 announced acquisition of which ayurvedic hair and scalp care brand for Rs 1,651 crore in its foray into the fast-growing haircare segment?
A. Kesh King B. Kesini Ayurvedic Herbal Hair Wash Powder C. Jiva Ayurveda D. Zandu
17. Which domestic giant on 1 June 2915 reclaimed a piece of history as it acquired a desk weight which is a cut up from a section of the first steel rail track rolled at its Jamshedpur facility in 1912?
A. Birla B. Reliance C. SAIL D. TATA Steel
18. Which IT major on 1 May 2015 allow its employees to wear business casuals on all working days, as the company has decided to do away with its dress code?
A. Satyam B. IBM C. Infosys D. HCL
19. Brijmohan Lall Munjal has been the chairman of Hero MotoCorp since its inception. Since which year he was chairman for the group which was a joint venture with Japan's Honda?
A. 1984 B. 1988 C. 1990 D. 1975
20. What is the name of the American Express bank president, who died suddenly after falling ill on a flight to New York on 29 May 2015?
A. Ed Gilli B. Doug Tabish C. Ed Gilligan D. Howard Grosfield