Current affairs on 27 December 2016 | Latest Current Affairs
|Number of people read this Article: 373||
Have you read this article?
Be the first to rate it.
|Write a Review|
Economy Current Affairs
Odisha Launches Biju Sishu Surakshya
- The Odisha Government launched the Biju Sishu Surakshya Yojana that is a scheme to nurture the orphan and HIV-infected children residing in different childcare institutions and orphanages.
- The main aim of the scheme is to facilitate care and protection towards orphans and HIV infected children of the state.
Assam CM Launches Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launched the Atal Amrit Abhiyan in Guwahati.
- It is a health assurance scheme which will give comprehensive coverage for six disease groups.
- A total of 437 diseases will be covered under this scheme divided into six disease groups.
- This scheme will cover all individuals in eligible families with annual income below 5 lakh rupees
Indian Government launches 2 scheme to boost e-payment
- Govt launches two major schemes of Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digidhan Vyapar Yojana to boost e-payment i.e aimed at encouraging people to move towards significantly higher usage of digital transactions through the offer of incentives.
- Two schemes by the government Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants have been launched in New Delhi.
- The winners will be selected on a daily and weekly basis under the Lucky Grahak Yojana and weekly basis under the Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana, up to 14th of April next year, when the schemes will culminate with a mega draw. The draws for these events will be taken out in 100 different cities around the country, in a ceremony accompanied by a digital payments adoption fair called DigiDhan Mela.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stones of country's longest sea bridge and two metro lines in the city
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 Dec 2016 laid foundation stones of many key infrastructure projects, including the country's longest sea bridge and two metro lines in the city, entailing investment of over Rs 1.06 lakh crore.
- Projects include 22.5-km Mumbai Trans Harbour Link that will connect Mumbai's eastern suburbs with the mainland across the harbour, via a 16.5 km sea bridge and a viaduct.
Piyush Goyal Launches Coal Mitra Portal
- Power Minister Piyush Goyal has launched ‘Coal Mitra’ Web Portal to facilitate Flexibility in Utilization of Domestic Coal with the aimed at optimum utilisation by private as well as public power companies of the coal.
- With this Government has also allowed Coal Swapping between PSUs & the Private Sector with enhance transparency.
Finance Current Affairs
Allahabad Bank Merges AllBank Finance
- Allahabad Bank said it has merged its wholly-owned subsidiary AllBank Finance with itself.
- The merger was okayed at the Board of Directors meeting of the bank.
- AllBank Finance is the merchant banking arm of Allahabad Bank & also holds licence for debenture trusteeship.
- BFL offers various merchant banking services such as IPO management, debt/loan syndication, investment advisory.
RGA Gets Final Nod from IRDAI
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has granted a Certificate of Registration to the Reinsurance Group of America (RGA) to set up a branch in India.
- IRDAI has approved the R3 license to the re-insurer.
- RGA has been operating in India since 2001 as a foreign reinsurer and is globally strong in actuarial, underwriting & product development segments.
IDFC Bank Unveils Aadhaar Pay
- IDFC Bank has announced the nation-wide launch of aadhaar-linked cashless merchant solution.
- Aadhaar Pay, launched by the govt has been developed by IDFC Bank in association with UIDAI and the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Aadhaar Pay will enable millions of merchants across the country to facilitate cashless purchases for customers in a cost effective and scalable way.
General Current Affairs
Leone Declared PETA’s Person of the Year
- Sunny Leone has been named PETA’s Person of the Year for 2016.
- She will receive PETA’s award for her dedication to promoting the rescue of homeless dogs and cats, as well as her compassion for animals abused and killed for their skin.
India test-fired successfully nuclear ballistic missile 'Agni-5'
- India test-fired its longest range indigenously developed surface-to-surface nuclear ballistic missile 'Agni-5' from the Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha on Monday.
- The indigenously-developed missile, Agni-5, is capable of striking a target more than 5,000 km away. It is about 17-metres long, 2-metres wide and has a launch weight of around 50 tonnes. The missile can carry a nuclear warhead of more than one tonne.
Pakistani Hindus can register for Indian citizenship with fee as low as Rs 100
- The registration fees for Hindus and other minority community people from three neighbouring countries including Pakistan as Indian citizens have been drastically reduced to as low as Rs 100 from Rs 15,000.
- In a gazette notification, the home ministry said the new rules will be applicable to minority communities Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and living in India on long term visa.
- Minority community people from countries other than the three, the fees will be Rs 10,000 for registration in India and Rs 15,000 if registered elsewhere.
Shankha Ghosh Chosen for Jnanpith Award
- The 52nd Jnanpith Award for 2016 will be conferred on eminent Modern Bengali Poet Shankha Ghosh.
- Shankha Ghosh is a prolific poet, critic and academician.
Govt Launches Grahak & Digi-Dhan Yojana
- The Government launched the Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants.
- The schemes are aimed at encouraging people to move towards use of digital transactions.
- The primary aim of these schemes is to incentivize digital transactions.
- Under Lucky Grahak Yojana Daily reward of Rs 1000 will be given to 15,000 lucky Consumers for a period of 100 days.
PV Sindhu as the most searched sportsperson of the year in 2016
- Social network search engine Google announced Indian ace badminton star PV Sindhu as the most searched sportsperson of the year in 2016.
- Alongside Sindhu, India's first woman gymnast Dipa Karmakar, who finished fourth in the women's vault category at the Rio Olympics 2016 and Sakshi Malik, also featured among the top 10 trending sportspersons in Google.
- PV Sindhu is the second on the overall list while newly elected US President Donald Trump topped the list.
International Current Affairs
Nepal to hold military exercise with China
- Nepal has announced to hold its first ever joint military exercise with China on February 10, 2017 to begin a new level of bilateral military engagement with China.
- The focus of the military exercise, named Pratikar-1, will be on training Nepali forces in dealing with hostage scenarios involving international terror groups.
France is the first to use drones for its national mail service
- France’s airspace regulator, General Directorate for Civil Aviation, has approved the plan to launch drone delivery program, making France the world’s first national postal service to use drones regularly.
Obama signs USD 618 bn defence bill; boosts security cooperation with India
- US President Barack Obama has signed into law the USD 618 billion defence budget for 2017, which enhances security cooperation with India and also signed the National Defence Authorisation Act (NDAA) 2017, which asks Defence Secretary and Secretary of State to take steps necessary to recognise India as America’s “major defence partner”.
- Obama also put conditions nearly half of the funding to Pakistan on a certification that it is taking demonstrable steps against the Haqqani Network.
Italy Approves Bailout for Oldest Bank
- Italy’s government approved a state bailout for Monte dei Paschi di Siena after the world’s oldest bank failed to secure backing from private investors.
- Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni had authorised a 21 billion dollars fund to support Italy’s embattled banking sector that came after Monte dei Paschi had failed to raise 5 billion euros from private investors.
Thomas Coville created world record
- Thomas Coville slashed eight days off the record when he ended an astonishing solo non-stop circumnavigation of the World on his 31m maxi trimaran.
- The record was once famously owned by British sailor Ellen MacArthur, but the 48-year-old Frenchman’s jaw dropping new mark is just 49 days, 3 hours, 7 mins and 38 secs.
Sports Current Affairs
Pankaj Advani Wins National Title
- Sixteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani has won the National title in 6-red Snooker, the shorter format of the game by defeating Ishpreet Chadha in the final 7-4.
- He reclaimed the title, which he had won during the inaugural edition in Bangalore in 2010.
- Pankaj Advani is the only player in the world to win all titles — National, Continental & World — in 6-red Snooker.
Indian Achieves Highest FIFA Ranking
- India jumped two places to finish 2016 at 135, their best in the last six years, in the FIFA rankings.
- It is their best in the last six years. In 2009, India had finished at 134.
- Argentina finish 2016 on top of the FIFA World Ranking, earning the accolade of “Team of the Year.”
Jeje wins best footballer of the year award by AIFF
- 25-year-old Indian footballer Jeje Lalpekhlua has named 2016's All India Football Federation (AIFF) Player of the Year, an award given to the best footballer in India.
- footballer Jeje Lalpekhlua belongs from Mizoram and awarded a prize of 2.5 lakh.
Keshavan Grabs Gold at Luge Championship
- India’s first Winter Olympian Shiva Keshavan clinched a gold medal at the Asian Luge Championships while Japan’s Tanaka Shohei came in second with a combined time of 1:44.874 second
- He finished with a time of 1 minute, 39.962 seconds and top speed of 130.4 km/h to clinch the title.
Arjun Bhati wins in Kids Golf World Championship
- In a competition in which 21 countries had participated, 12-year-old Arjun Bhati has secured the top shot scoring two extra shots in the Kids Golf World Championship 2016 in Malaysia.
- He defeated South Africa's Methu Denish to secure the first position.
Pakistan's first Sikh cricketer Mohinder Pal Singh to join national cricket academy
- Pakistan cricket has seen Christians and Hindus represent the country at home and abroad, but for the first time a Sikh has secured a place in the National Cricket Academy.
- Mohinder Pal Singh, who hails from Nankana Sahib (Lahore), is among the list of top 30 emerging cricketers in the country.
Technology Current Affairs
World's first solar road opens in France
- The world's first solar road made with 30,000 square feet of solar panels has been opened in the French village of Normandy that is one-kilometre long road took five years and cost $5.2 million to develop
- It will be used for a two-year test period to check if it can generate enough energy to power street lighting in the village.
- World record
- Drone delivery program
- Agni-5 missile
- Kids Golf World Championship
- Bailout for Oldest Bank
- World's first solar road
- Indian citizenship fee
- National Defence Authorisation Act
- Lucky Grahak Yojana
- Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana
- Jnanpith Award
- FIFA Ranking
- Biju Sishu Surakshya
- Luge Championship
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan
- AllBank Finance
- Allahabad Bank
- PETA’s Person of the Year
- Coal Mitra Portal
- AIFF Player of the Year
- IDFC Bank
- Aadhaar Pay
Latest Current Affairs
- The Nurture's Nest Play Studio
- Current affairs on 29 May 2017, Latest May Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 26 May 2017
- Current affairs on 25 May 2017
- Class 10th and Class 12th Board result dates 2017
- Current affairs on 23 May 2017
- Current affairs on 09 May 2017
- Current affairs on 06 May 2017
- Current affairs on 03 May 2017
- Summer Camp in Faridabad: Toddlers to Teenz
Current affairs 27th December 2016 contain all the latest news and current events from India and Abroad. User can find the 27th December 2016 affairs article which is a detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred. These news articles are made on the topic World record, Drone delivery program, Agni-5 missile, Kids Golf World Championship and many other are best study material for the students which are preparing for the competition exams, government exams, Banking exams, IAS exam and many other.
27th December 2016 Current Affairs is available in Question and Answer format which will also help reader to prepare in Objective format. On Time2study, Current affair category contains the articles for each day and these articles have the detailed background of each topic. Current affairs from India and abroad are teller made to the user and thus one can find very interesting, selected and important topic on Current events to read and prepare the notes for exam. Current affairs 27th December 2016 is made on the subjects Bailout for Oldest Bank, World's first solar road, Indian citizenship fee, National Defence Authorisation Act, Lucky Grahak Yojana, Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana, Jnanpith Award, Google, FIFA Ranking, Biju Sishu Surakshya, Luge Championship, Atal Amrit Abhiyan, IRDAI, RGA, AllBank Finance, Allahabad Bank, PETA’s Person of the Year, Coal Mitra Portal, AIFF, AIFF Player of the Year, IDFC Bank, Aadhaar Pay that have recently occurred.