Current affairs on 26 October 2016
|Number of people read this Article: 908||
Have you read this article?
Be the first to rate it.
|Write a Review|
Companies Current Affairs
Adani Petronet Gets Green Nod
- Adani Petronet (Dahej) Port Pvt (APPPL) is a joint venture of Adani Enterprise & Petronet LNG that has received green clearance for the third phase expansion of its Dahej port in Bharuch district of Gujarat.
- It will entail an investment of about 464.32 crore and third phase expansion will entail raising cargo-handling capacity to 23 mtpa from 11.7 million tonnes per annum.
Economy Current Affairs
Micro Agents to Sell Govt-Sponsored Scheme
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has issued a circular which notify that on this effect Micro insurance agents have now been permitted to sell government-sponsored crop insurance products to farmers.
- It aims to expand the reach of crop insurance schemes.
Finance Current Affairs
SMS alerts from the Income Tax department for TDS deductions at Source Service launched
- Aprox. 2.5 crore salaried tax payers will now receive SMS alerts from the Income Tax department regarding their quarterly TDS deductions.
- The CBDT will soon extend this SMS facility to another 4.4 crore non-salaried tax payers. She said taxpayer will initially receive a welcome message from the CBDT informing her/him about the facility and after that each assessee would be sent messages informing them about their respective TDS deductions.
Deposit portfolio of Indian banks crossed Rs.100 Trillion
- The deposit portfolio of Indian banks crossed has Rs.100 Trillion milestone figure as on 30 September 2016, as disclosed during October 2016
- Asia’s third largest and the world’s fastest-growing major economy, has almost took five years and seven months to double from Rs. 50.46 trillion in February 2011.
- Earlier, the deposit base doubled in a much shorter span like it had taken nearly three years and 11 months to double from Rs. 25.04 trillion in March 2007; and four years and four months each to double from Rs. 12.57 trillion in November 2002 and Rs. 6.26 trillion in June 1998.
General Current Affairs
CO2 Level Reaches Record High in 2016
- The World Meteorological Organization reports the level of carbon dioxide emissions in the atmosphere has reached a record high in 2016
- The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere reached 400 parts per million for the first time in 2015 and surged to new records this year and thus CO2 was fuelled by the El Niño event, which started in 2015.
G Balakrishna Bengaluru-based water tanker driver won Mr Asia title
- G Balakrishna 25-year-old Balakrishna is a Bengaluru-based water tanker driver in October 2016 won the Mr Asia title at the 5th Phil-Asia bodybuilding championships in the Philippines.
- In 2013, he won Mr Universe Under-24 junior contest in Germany, in 2014, he won Mr Universe title in the same category at the world championship in Athens
- He joined the water-tanker business in 2010 in Whitefild, Bengaluru to supplement his income as a gym instructor and was trained by renowned bodybuilders from Mumbai and Punjab, named Sangram Chougla and Manish Kumar respectively.
Almatti Dam Gets World Bank Award
- Almatti dam foundation stone of 123 tmc capacity dam was laid in 1964. Dam was chosen for the World Bank’s Award of Excellence for best utilisation of funds for renovation to enhance the strength of the dam.
- The World Bank had granted Rs. 72 crore to the Krishna Bhagya Jal Nigam Limited to prevent seepage which could damage the dam.
First American writer to win the Man Booker prize for his book “The Sellout” comprising satire on US racial politics
- 54-year old Los Angeles-born Paul Beatty on 25 October 2016 became the first American writer to win the Man Booker prize for his book“The Sellout” comprising satire on US racial politics
- The £50,000 award came three years after eligibility rules were changed to allow writers of any nationality writing in the English language and being published in the UK.
E-Postal ballot facility service for voters and personnel of the armed forces
- The Union Government during October 2016 granted E-Postal ballot facility to the service voters and personnel of the armed forces
- Notification issued on 21 October 2016 that amended rule 23 of the Conduct of Elections Rules, 1961 enabling service voters, including armed forces personnel, to cast their vote in elections through e-postal ballot thus they can now download the blank post ballot sent to them electronically, mark their preference and post the filled-up ballot back to their respective returning officers.
International Current Affairs
Anti-Vietnam War Peace activist Tom Hayden passed away
- TOm Hayden an anti-Vietnam War Peace activist was part of forefront of the anti-Vietnam War movement in the 1960s has passed away at the age of 76 on 23 October 2016 following a prolonged illness in Santa Monica, California.
- He was a stalwart of America's New Left who served 18 years in California's State Legislature and gained a dash of Hollywood glamour by marrying actress Jane Fonda.
Sports Current Affairs
Portugal’s Renato Sancheswas awarded the 2016 European Golden Boy award
- Portugal’s Renato Sanches on 24 October 2016 was awarded the 2016 European Golden Boy award and trophy was will be handed at a Monte Carlo ceremony.
- Sanches was selected following a vote by journalists from 30 newspapers across Europe to name the best player in 2016 under the age of 21 and thus defeated Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford, Bayern's Kingsley Coman and AC Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma to bag the prize.
Karate is Now an Olympic Sport
- At the 2020 Tokyo Games, Karate has been included for the first time.
- 80 competitors will take part in the karate event while Judo and Taekwondo are already permanent fixtures.
- It joins surfing, skateboarding, climbing and baseball-softball as new sports included for the 2020 edition.
N.Korea Won 2016 U-17 Women’s World Cup.
- The North Koreans beat Japan in penalty kicks to win the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup was the 5th edition of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup for the second time.
- North Korea won the first ever U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2008, finished fourth in 2010 and were runners up in 2012.
Technology Current Affairs
China launched micro satellite Banxing-2
- Tiangong-2, the experimental space lab of China has successfully launched a micro-satellite, Banxing-2 (the word means Companion Satellite) that is roughly the size of a desktop printer.
- At present, Tiangong-2 is orbiting the Earth with two astronauts on board.
Bank of America has unveiled a virtual assistant called Erica
- Bank of America has unveiled a virtual assistant called Erica that uses artificial intelligence and predictive analytics to learn consumers' personal spending habits and offer financial advice.
- It also will help users understand financial concepts and warn them of imminent risks, among other things.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
- Global Rubber Body
- Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries
- Adani Petronet
- Dahej Port
- U-17 Women’s World Cup
- Karate in Olympic Sport
- Tokyo Olympic
- E-Postal ballot service
- Indian Army
- Man Booker prize
- Anti-Vietnam War Peace activist
- Mr Asia title
- European Golden Boy award
- Micro satellite Banxing-2
- Bank of America
- Virtual assistant Erica
- Almatti Dam
- SMS alerts for TDS deductions at Source
- Deposit portfolio of India
Latest Current Affairs
- The Nurture's Nest Play Studio
- Current affairs on 29 May 2017, Latest May Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 26 May 2017
- Current affairs on 25 May 2017
- Class 10th and Class 12th Board result dates 2017
- Current affairs on 23 May 2017
- Current affairs on 09 May 2017
- Current affairs on 06 May 2017
- Current affairs on 03 May 2017
- Summer Camp in Faridabad: Toddlers to Teenz
Current affairs 26th October 2016 contain all the latest news and current events from India and Abroad. User can find the 26th October 2016 affairs article which is a detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred. These news articles are made on the topic Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India, IRDAI, Global Rubber Body, Association of Natural Rubber Producing Countries and many other are best study material for the students which are preparing for the competition exams, government exams, Banking exams, IAS exam and many other.
26th October 2016 Current Affairs is available in Question and Answer format which will also help reader to prepare in Objective format. On Time2study, Current affair category contains the articles for each day and these articles have the detailed background of each topic. Current affairs from India and abroad are teller made to the user and thus one can find very interesting, selected and important topic on Current events to read and prepare the notes for exam. Current affairs 26th October 2016 is made on the subjects Adani Petronet, Dahej Port, U-17 Women’s World Cup, Karate in Olympic Sport, Tokyo Olympic, E-Postal ballot service, Indian Army, Man Booker prize, Anti-Vietnam War Peace activist, Mr Asia title, European Golden Boy award, Micro satellite Banxing-2, Bank of America, Virtual assistant Erica, Almatti Dam, SMS alerts for TDS deductions at Source, Deposit portfolio of India that have recently occurred.