Current affairs on 26 May 2017
|Number of people read this Article: 2317||
Have you read this article?
Be the first to rate it.
|Write a Review|
Economy Current Affairs
Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) dissolved
- On 24 May 2017, The Union Cabinet gave its approval to wind up the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) that was created in 1991 during economic reforms under the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- The winding is possible as the job is delegated to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) and, in 2003, the FIPB was reconstituted and placed in the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) under the Ministry of Finance.
Finance Current Affairs
Karnataka Bank pact with HDFC Asset Management
- Karnataka Bank Ltd has entered into a distribution agreement to sell the mutual fund products of HDFC Capital Asset Management Ltd (HDFCAML) during exchanged the memorandum of understanding in Mangaluru, Karnataka.
General Current Affairs
India’s first underwater rail tunnel was completed
- The work of India’s first underwater rail tunnel in West Bengal under the Hooghly River (West Bengal) for establishing metro link between Howrah and Kolkatawas completed ahead of its schedule during May 2017 that was was July 2017.
- This portion of East-West Metro is being implemented by Afcons Transtonnelstroy and Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd and the entire project is 16.6 km long, out of which 10.8 km runs under the ground. Of this 10.8 km, 502 metres is under the water and connects Howrah to the west and Salt Lake to the east.
- The tunnel runs through 502 metres under the Hooghly River and for this a giant tunnel-boring machine (TBM) named ‘Rachna’ was employed.
World's first philosophical novel on God unveiled
- A young Indian IAS officer, Haulianlal Guite from Manipur state has recently published a book titled "Confessions of a dying mind: the blind faith of atheism" in New Delhi.
- The book was unveiled by Union Minister Kiren Rijiju in presence of David Syiemlieth, Chairman, UPSC in august gathering at Civil Services Officers' Institute.
Japan to build war museum in Manipur
- During world war II nearly 70,000 Japanese soldiers had died in battles from March to June 1944 in Imphal and Kohima.
- In respect to these soldiers, Japan is going to build a war museum at the hillock at Maiba Lokpa in Bishnupur district in Manipur where a Japanese camp was located during World War II.
International Current Affairs
Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda' resigned
- In order to craete space and opportunity for the Nepali Congress President Sher Bahadur Deuba to become the next Prime Minister, Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda' has resigned.
- The resignation is done as per the understanding in August 2016 when Prachanda was elected the prime minister with Deuba's support.
James Bond 007 Times passes away
- Actor Sir Roger Moore at the age of 89, best known for playing James Bond, has died.
- Sir Roger was also well known for his humanitarian work he was introduced to UNICEF by the late Audrey Hepburn and was appointed as a goodwill ambassador in 1991.
New Director-General of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Appointed
- Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus is elected as the new Director-General of the World Health Organisation (WHO) on 23 May 2017 and thus became the first-ever WHO Director-General from Africa.
- He will replace Margaret Chan (Hong Kong) who will retire from the post on 30 June 2017 after serving two terms. Chan’s first term began on 9 November 2006.
Technology Current Affairs
Mobile app 'SEVA' for quick tracking of coal dispatch launched
- As a part of ‘Digital India’ initiative Union Minister of State (I/C) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines, launched the Saral Eindhan Vitaran Application (SEVA), in News Delhi, which is developed in-house by Coal India Limited (CIL) for power sector consumers.
- Mobile app SEVA launched to aimed at increasing the Consumer Connect as well as the Transparency and Accountability in Coal dispatch.
World’s first-ever robot police officer was unveiled
- World’s first-ever robot police officer was unveiled in United Arab Emirates’ city Dubai on 24 May 2017.
- Dubai Police gave this robot the task of patrolling the city’s malls and tourist attractions.
- UAE government notified the aim was for 25% of the force to be robotic by 2030 but they would not replace humans.
- James Bond
- World War II
- war museum
- World's first philosophical novel on God
- India’s first underwater rail tunnel
- Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd
- East-West Metro
- Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd
- HDFC Asset Management
- Karnataka Bank
- HDFC Capital Asset Management Ltd
- World’s first-ever robot police officer
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board
- Saral Eindhan Vitaran Application
- Coal India Limited
Latest Current Affairs
- The Nurture's Nest Play Studio
- Current affairs on 29 May 2017, Latest May Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 26 May 2017
- Current affairs on 25 May 2017
- Class 10th and Class 12th Board result dates 2017
- Current affairs on 23 May 2017
- Current affairs on 09 May 2017
- Current affairs on 06 May 2017
- Current affairs on 03 May 2017
- Summer Camp in Faridabad: Toddlers to Teenz
Current affairs 26th May 2017 contain all the latest news and current events from India and Abroad. User can find the 26th May 2017 affairs article which is a detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred. These news articles are made on the topic UNICEF, James Bond, World War II, war museum and many other are best study material for the students which are preparing for the competition exams, government exams, Banking exams, IAS exam and many other.
26th May 2017 Current Affairs is available in Question and Answer format which will also help reader to prepare in Objective format. On Time2study, Current affair category contains the articles for each day and these articles have the detailed background of each topic. Current affairs from India and abroad are teller made to the user and thus one can find very interesting, selected and important topic on Current events to read and prepare the notes for exam. Current affairs 26th May 2017 is made on the subjects World's first philosophical novel on God, India’s first underwater rail tunnel, Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd, East-West Metro, Kolkata Metro Railway Corporation Ltd, TBM-Rachna, HDFC Asset Management, Karnataka Bank, HDFC Capital Asset Management Ltd, HDFCAML, World’s first-ever robot police officer, FIPB, Foreign Investment Promotion Board, DEA, Saral Eindhan Vitaran Application, SEVA, Coal India Limited, WHO that have recently occurred.