Current Affairs 11 March 2015
|Number of people read this Article: 1296||
Have you read this article?
Be the first to rate it.
|Write a Review|
Companies Current Affairs
1. Which Indian company is the largest in India in terms of assets as disclosed by the recent data compiled by the Corporate Affairs Ministry followed by the by state-owned Indian Oil Corp and mortgage lender HDFC?: Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
Explanation: The total reported value of the assets of all the 4,15,886 companies was Rs 117.08 lakh crore and the share of top ten companies in the total value of assets was 15.3 percent on March 31, 2014. Among them, RIL is the country’s largest corporate with assets worth Rs. 3.68 lakh crore, followed by state-owned Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) at Rs. 2.52 lakh crore and mortgage lender (Housing Development Finance Corp (HDFC) at Rs. 2.25 lakh crore. Other top ten entities are Power Finance Corp (4), NTPC (5), Rural Electrification Corp (6), Power Grid Corp (7), LIC Housing Finance (8), Steel Authority of India (9) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (10). Power Finance Corp’s assets stood at Rs. 1.94 lakh crore, NTPC (Rs. 1.80 lakh crore), Rural Electrification Corp (Rs. 1.53 lakh crore), Power Grid Corp (1.40 lakh crore), LIC Housing Finance (Rs. 95,777 crore), Steel Authority of India (Rs. 91,962 crore) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (Rs. 89,333 crore).
Finance Current Affairs
1. Global giant Deutsche Boerse has decided to expand its strategic partnership with BSE thus allow market participants in Hong Kong and Singapore to use its connectivity networks for connecting to the trading systems of the Indian exchange. What percent of stake does Deutsche Boerse holds in BSE ?: 4.91 percent stake
Explanation: After this announcement now from second quarter of 2015, participants of BSE will be able to use Deutsche Boerse's N7 network services to connect to BSE back-ends in India through the respective Deutsche Boerse Access Points or data centres in Hong Kong and Singapore. Therefore, this major step will boost and help to improve the connectivity of BSE's customers operating out of Hong Kong and Singapore. This direct service will now allow them to connect their trade-execution systems to BSE's fully regulated offering covering equities, derivatives and currency markets. Currently, the two Access Points are mainly used by Eurex members.
General Current Affairs
2. In an incident, 10 people including three top French sports stars (Olympic swimmer Camille Muffat, yachtswoman Florence Arthaud and boxer Alexis Vastine) were killed when two helicopters collided in Argentina on 9 March 2015 during the filming of a reality TV show. What is the name of French reality show where this accident occurred?: Dropped
Explanation: “Dropped” is a reality show for private TV station TF1 which involves contestants being left in the wilderness and using their skills to find their way back to civilisation. During this show 10 people including three top French sports stars: Olympic swimmer Camille Muffat, yachtswoman Florence Arthaud and boxer Alexis Vastine were killed including 2 pilots. 25-year old Camille Muffat had won the 400 metres freestyle swimming gold at the 2012 London Olympics while 28-year old Vastine won a boxing bronze at the Beijing 2008 Olympics. 57-year old Arthaud was one of the first women to carve a place for herself in the world of sailing and in 1990 secured the record for the fastest solitary crossing of the North Atlantic. The other victims included the helicopters’ two pilots.
1. On 9 March 2015, Government has announced the prestigious Saraswati Samman for year 2014. Which former Union Minister belonging to Congress was chosen for this award?: M. Veerappa Moily
Explanation: Saraswati Samman was instituted by the K. K. Birla Foundation in 1991 and is given annually for an outstanding literary work in any Indian language. M. Veerappa Moily was chosen for his 5-volume Kannada poem which was published in 2007 ‘Ramayana Mahanveshanam’. In the poem, Moily tried to explore the ‘Ramarajya’ or the true principle of the ‘ideal State’ from a secular and modern point of view. Thus, so far poem has been translated into English, Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. Saraswati Samman award carries a cash prize of Rs. 10 lakh, a citation and a plaque.
Sports Current Affairs
1. Who won the Women’s singles title at the All-England Championships for badminton on 9 March 2015?: Carolina Marin
Explanation: Saina Nehwal World No. 3 Indian lost the match by 21-16 14-21 7-21 against the Spain’s Carolina Marin from whom she had never lost her match since 2007. Shehad never lost to Carolina and looked on course for an encore before the World No. 6 Spaniard scripted a remarkable comeback in the second game to put paid to the Indian’s hopes at the Barclaycard Arena.
Technology Current Affairs
1. Microsoft on 10 March 2015 has rolled out which new programme for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in India?: Cloud Adoption Programme
Explanation: Looking at the opportunity of growth in Cloud adoption in India by triple digit percentage year-on-year, Mircosoft decided to launch new Cloud adoption programme for Indian SME’s. Thus, Microsoft Cloud Solution Providers will make SMBs more competitive with enterprise-grade technology and value-added services from Microsoft cloud. Cloud Solution Providers are partners who build solutions leveraging Microsoft cloud for SMBs across the country on a pay-as-you-go model.
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL)
- Indian Oil Corp
- Corporate Affairs Ministry
- Cloud Adoption Programme
- pay-as-you-go model
- Cloud Adoption Programme pay-as-you-go model
- M. Veerappa Moily
- Saraswati Samman
- Kannada poem Ramayana Mahanveshanam
- Deutsche Boerse
- Deutsche Boerse's N7 network services
- Olympic swimmer Camille Muffat
- yachtswoman Florence Arthaud
- boxer Alexis Vastine
- French reality show Dropped
- Carolina Marin
- Saina Nehwal
- All-England Championships for badminton
Latest Current Affairs
- The Nurture's Nest Play Studio
- Current affairs on 29 May 2017, Latest May Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 26 May 2017
- Current affairs on 25 May 2017
- Class 10th and Class 12th Board result dates 2017
- Current affairs on 23 May 2017
- Current affairs on 09 May 2017
- Current affairs on 06 May 2017
- Current affairs on 03 May 2017
- Summer Camp in Faridabad: Toddlers to Teenz
Current affairs 11th March 2015 contain all the latest news and current events from India and Abroad. User can find the 11th March 2015 affairs article which is a detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred. These news articles are made on the topic Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), Indian Oil Corp, HDFC, Corporate Affairs Ministry and many other are best study material for the students which are preparing for the competition exams, government exams, Banking exams, IAS exam and many other.
11th March 2015 Current Affairs is available in Question and Answer format which will also help reader to prepare in Objective format. On Time2study, Current affair category contains the articles for each day and these articles have the detailed background of each topic. Current affairs from India and abroad are teller made to the user and thus one can find very interesting, selected and important topic on Current events to read and prepare the notes for exam. Current affairs 11th March 2015 is made on the subjects Cloud Adoption Programme, Microsoft, pay-as-you-go model, Cloud Adoption Programme pay-as-you-go model, M. Veerappa Moily, Saraswati Samman, Kannada poem Ramayana Mahanveshanam, Deutsche Boerse, BSE, Deutsche Boerse's N7 network services, Olympic swimmer Camille Muffat, yachtswoman Florence Arthaud, boxer Alexis Vastine, French reality show Dropped, Carolina Marin, Saina Nehwal, All-England Championships for badminton that have recently occurred.