Emmanuel Macron will be the new President of France
- Centrist independent candidate Emmanuel Macron won the historic French Presidential elections on 7 May 2017 and elected as President of France by defeating far-right candidate Marine Le Pen convincingly.
- At the age 39-year old Macron, thus became the youngest president ever after he won 66.06% of the popular votes while Marine Le Pen of National Front who secured the remaining 33.94% votes.
- Macron is a former investment banker and one-time economy minister in the outgoing government of Francois Hollande.
- He resigned his post in August to run for the presidency, and becomes the first postwar head of state to be elected from outside the traditional party structure.