Current affairs on 11 January 2017
|Number of people read this Article: 324||
Have you read this article?
Be the first to rate it.
|Write a Review|
Companies Current Affairs
Economy Current Affairs
- In order to motivate the stratups, Gujarat government has come up with India's first student startup and innovation policy, which aims to provide Rs 200 crore in the form of grants to ideas developed by them.
- The policy aims to support over 1,000 innovation per year and create pre-incubation support in all universities of the state.
Finance Current Affairs
GAAR To Kick In From April 2017
General Current Affairs
- The 74th Golden Globe Awards ceremony event held honoring the best in film and American television of 2016 and “La La Land”, a romantic musical comedy-drama film swept the Golden Globes awards by winning in the 7 categories.
- The film director Damien Chazelle took home the trophies for best director & screenplay while Ryan Gosling & Emma Stone won the trophies for best actor and actress.
- Indian-American Parag Havaldar passout from IIT Kharagpur won Tech Oscar for the development of expression-based facial performance-capture technology.
- The list of 18 achievements was recently announced by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for its 2017 Scientific & Technical awards.
- Power Minister unveiled world's largest street light replacement programme - Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP) in South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC) area where two lakh LED lights will replace inefficient lamps.
- He also launch a mobile app called Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) Complaint App for SDMC, wherein users can now lodge complaints about faulty street lights.
International Current Affairs
- Iran’s ex-President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani who has been described as “a pillar of the Islamic revolution” has passed away due to heart attack.
- He was the dominant figure in the country’s politics since the 1980s and key figure in the foundation of the Islamic republic in 1979, and served as president from 1989 to 1997.
- Rafsanjani, who served two terms as Iran's president from 1989 to 1997, continued to be an influential figure in Iranian politics.
Sports Current Affairs
- Novak Djokovic has won the Qatar Open tennis title. In an epic final in Doha, the Serbian defeated Andy Murray of UK by 6-3 5-7 6-4.
- Djokovic missed out on three match points and had to repel a roaring Murray comeback before ending the Briton's 28-match, five-tournament winning streak.
- Indian tennis player Sania Mirza won her first title of the season Brisbane International women's doubles by combining with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands.
- The top-seeded Indo-American duo triumphed 6-2 6-3 against the second-seeded Russian team of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the final.
- However, Sania's 91-week reign as the world No.1 doubles player in the WTA rankings. That position was taken over by her partner Bethanie.
- FIFA council unanimously votes to expand the soccer world cup from 32 to 48 teams; new schedule to be implemented from 2026 World Cup and thus the changes mark the first World Cup expansion since 1998.
- An initial stage of 16 groups of 3 teams will precede a knockout stage for the remaining 32 when the change is made for the 2026 tournament.
- The tournament will be completed within 32 days - a measure to appease European clubs, who objected to reform because of a crowded international schedule.
Technology Current Affairs
- China is setting up the world's highest altitude gravitational wave telescopes in a Tibet prefecture close to Line of Actual Control with India with a budget of $18.8 million to detect faintest echoes resonating from the universe which may reveal more about the Big Bang theory.
- Construction has started for the first telescope, code-named Ngari No 1, 30 km south of Shiquanhe Town in Ngari Prefecture, said Yao Yongqiang chief researcher with the National Astronomical Observatories of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- The telescope, located 5,250 meters above sea level, will detect and gather precise data on primordial gravitational waves in the Northern Hemisphere. It is expected to be operational by 2021, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
- General Anti-Avoidance Rule
- Street Lighting National Programme
- pillar of the Islamic revolution
- Tech Oscar award
- Golden Globe Award
- Qatar Open tennis title
- Bureau of Indian Standards Mark
- Gold Hallmarking
- 2026 FIFA World Cup
- world's highest altitude telescopes
- GIFT city
- India International exchange
- FIFA Puskas Award
- Merchant Discount Rate
- Best FIFA Women’s Player award
- HMD Global
- Nokia 6
- FIFA Player of the Year
- Student startup fun
Latest Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 29 May 2017, Latest May Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 26 May 2017
- Current affairs on 25 May 2017
- Class 10th and Class 12th Board result dates 2017
- Current affairs on 23 May 2017
- Current affairs on 09 May 2017
- Current affairs on 06 May 2017
- Current affairs on 03 May 2017
- Summer Camp in Faridabad: Toddlers to Teenz
- Emotional Intelligence
Current affairs 11th January 2017 contain all the latest news and current events from India and Abroad. User can find the 11th January 2017 affairs article which is a detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred. These news articles are made on the topic General Anti-Avoidance Rule, ISRO, CNES, NASA and many other are best study material for the students which are preparing for the competition exams, government exams, Banking exams, IAS exam and many other.
11th January 2017 Current Affairs is available in Question and Answer format which will also help reader to prepare in Objective format. On Time2study, Current affair category contains the articles for each day and these articles have the detailed background of each topic. Current affairs from India and abroad are teller made to the user and thus one can find very interesting, selected and important topic on Current events to read and prepare the notes for exam. Current affairs 11th January 2017 is made on the subjects Street Lighting National Programme, pillar of the Islamic revolution, Tech Oscar award, Golden Globe Award, Aadhaar, MGNREGA, Qatar Open tennis title, Bureau of Indian Standards Mark, Gold Hallmarking, FIFA, 2026 FIFA World Cup, world's highest altitude telescopes, MumbaiWifi, GIFT city, India International exchange, FIFA Puskas Award, Merchant Discount Rate, SBI, Best FIFA Women’s Player award, HMD Global, Nokia 6, FIFA Player of the Year, Student startup fun that have recently occurred.