Current affairs on 09 January 2017
|Number of people read this Article: 278||
Have you read this article?
Be the first to rate it.
|Write a Review|
Economy Current Affairs
India’s GDP Growth to Fall at 7.1%
- The Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth is estimated at 7.1% in 2016-17 as compared to 7.6% in 2015-16.
- Releasing the data, Chief Statistician T C A Anant said that the per capita net national income during 2016-17 is estimated to be One lakh three thousand seven rupees .
- It shows a rise of 10.4% as compared to 93 thousand two hundred ninety three during 2015-16 with the growth rate of 7.4%.
Sebi Eases Norms for Fund Managers
- To make it easier for foreign fund managers keen to enter India, Sebi has notified rules under a relaxed regulatory regime.
- The move assumes significance in the wake of the govt’s incentives for the offshore fund managers willing to relocate to India.
- The regulator has made amendments to Sebi (Portfolio Managers) Regulations, 1993.
SEBI relaxed its rules for investment by angel funds
- In order to give a fillip to start-up funding, the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) relaxed its rules for investment by angel funds as the upper limit for number of angel investors in a scheme will be increased from 49 to 200.
- The SEBI has also allowed the angel investors to invest in up to five-year old entities, which was earlier three years.
- To diversify risks, SEBI also allowed angel funds to make overseas investments, up to 25% of their investible corpus, in line with other Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- ‘Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana’ is launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 January 2017 at Bengaluru on the occasion of the inauguration function of 14th Pravasi Bhartiya Divas (PBD).
- This scheme aims to boost the confidence level of the Indian youth so that they did not feel strangers when they land in a country of their choice for vocation and assured.
Finance Current Affairs
EPFO makes Aadhaar Mandatory
- Retirement fund body EPFO has made it mandatory for its subscribers to provide Aadhaar.
- The pensioners as well as members would have to provide Aadhaar or enrolment slips by January 31, 2017.
- Central government contributes 1.16 per cent of the basic wages as subsidy to every members Employees Pension Scheme Account and is in addition to 8.33 per cent deposited by their employers every month.
General Current Affairs
Connaught Place is set to become a vehicle-free zone
- As per the decision was taken on 5 January 2017 in order to reduce traffic congestion and pollution in the area, Connaught Place, the commercial hub of New Delhi is soon going to become a vehicle-free zone, as all vehicles will be banned from entering the area for three months.
- The vehicular ban will apply in the inner and middle circle roads of Connaught Place thus the area will be turned into a completely pedestrian friendly place.
- The ban will be effective starting from February 2017 and decision was approved at a review meeting held to discuss the progress of the smart city project of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) area.
Veteran Actor Om Puri Dies
- Veteran Indian actor Om Puri has passed away.
- The actor has appeared in mainstream Bollywood cinema as well as Pakistani, British & Hollywood films.
- He was also an alumnus of the 1973 class of National School of Drama (NSD), where Naseeruddin Shah was a co-student
- Om Puri was recipient of two National awards & two Filmfare Awards including a Lifetime Achievement Award and also awarded Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of India.
International Current Affairs
China Launches Longest Bullet Train
- China has launched its longest bullet train named “Shangri-la of the World” and has built more than 20,000 km of high-speed rail lines.
- It runs between Kunming, capital of southwest China’s Yunnan Province to Beijing.
- The train starts from Kunming on a 2,760-km trip to Beijing, which takes about 13 hours.
Norway become the first country in the world to turn-off its FM radio network
- Norway is set to become the first country in the world to turn off its FM radio network. This process will start with the northern town of Bodoe switching off its local network on 11 January 2017.
- By the end of the year, all FM broadcasts in Norway will have ended, replaced by Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) transmissions that generally offer better sound quality and because of the reason that the cost of FM was eight times higher than digital.
Mario Soares ‘Father of Democracy’ passed away
- Former Portuguese President and Prime Minister Mario Soares, regarded as a father of the country’s democracy, died in a Lisbon hospital at the age of 92 on 7 January 2017.
- Mario Soares played a key role after the 1974 Carnation Revolution, a military coup that put an end to 48 years of Salazar rule, led by dictator António de Oliveira Salazar.
- Mario Soares served as Portugal’s Prime Minister, twice, and then as President (1986-96).
- He then spearheaded the country’s entry into the European Union.
Sports Current Affairs
Roberto Bautista Agut (Spain) won Chennai Open 2017
- Roberto Bautista Agut won the men’s singles title of the Chennai Open 2017 for the fifth time by defeating 20-year-old Daniil Medvedev (Russia) in the final on 8 January 2017.
- Medvedev was chasing his first ATP title while Agut had already won four singles titles including two in 2016 when he won in Sofia and Auckland.
- Chennai Open
- Father of Democracy
- Veteran Actor Om Puri
- FM radio network
- Longest Bullet Train
- angel funds
- Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Connaught Place
- vehicle-free zone
- Aadhaar Number
- Fund Managers
- Digital Audio Broadcasting transmissions
- National School of Drama
- Pravasi Bhartiya Divas
- Alternative Investment Funds
- Shangri-la of the World train
- New Delhi Municipal Council
- latest current affairs
- Current affairs 2017
Latest Current Affairs
- Current affairs on 25 April 2017
- Current affairs on 24 April 2017
- Current affairs on 20 April 2017
- Current affairs on 18 April 2017
- Current affairs on 12 April 2017
- Current affairs on 10 April 2017
- Current affairs on 04 April 2017
- Current affairs on 03 April 2017
- UGC declared list of fake universities and colleges in India
- Current affairs on 07 March 2017
Current affairs 09th January 2017 contain all the latest news and current events from India and Abroad. User can find the 09th January 2017 affairs article which is a detailed analysis and discussion of news stories that have recently occurred. These news articles are made on the topic Chennai Open, Father of Democracy, Veteran Actor Om Puri, FM radio network and many other are best study material for the students which are preparing for the competition exams, government exams, Banking exams, IAS exam and many other.
09th January 2017 Current Affairs is available in Question and Answer format which will also help reader to prepare in Objective format. On Time2study, Current affair category contains the articles for each day and these articles have the detailed background of each topic. Current affairs from India and abroad are teller made to the user and thus one can find very interesting, selected and important topic on Current events to read and prepare the notes for exam. Current affairs 09th January 2017 is made on the subjects Longest Bullet Train, SEBI, angel funds, Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Connaught Place, vehicle-free zone, EPFO, Aadhaar Number, Sebi, Fund Managers, Digital Audio Broadcasting transmissions, National School of Drama, Pravasi Bhartiya Divas, Alternative Investment Funds, Shangri-la of the World train, New Delhi Municipal Council, latest current affairs, Current affairs 2017 that have recently occurred.